Sunday 11 December 2011

The Sir Terry Pratchett Reading Challenge 2012

Hi
Like I said in my 'A Classics Challenge' post, I don't want to overdo the challenges I sign up for next year.  But this challenge is totally different.  This challenge is a work of genius.  I, like so many others love the Discworld to bits.  I like to read other stuff too, but I seriously have not gone a year without some Discworld since I learnt about them.  I can hardly go half a year, let alone a year.  I just love the Discworld so much.  I actually went through my library's collection in the space of a summer. 

I always keep three/four Discworld novels around in case I need them.  I currently have - Thud!, Guards! Guards!, Carpe Jugulum, and Equal Rites on my To Be Read pile.  I also want to get The Wee Free Men somehow, and probably Snuff too - but I'm not much of a fan of the Watch books. 

I found out about this challenge through The Written Word.  It is hosted by Once Upon a Time.  As you can tell I am really excited.  Probably too excited. I can't wait for this to start, so that I can get to reading, but also because it will be great to take part with a group, because I'll get to read what other people think of the books and it will be a bit like a community (hopefully).

Anyways, I'm going to go and calm down now lol. 





1 comment:

  1. Oh, yay, you signed up. We should read a Terry Pratchett book together... I haven't officially signed up for this challenge, but I probably will. :)

    ReplyDelete