Friday 27 January 2012

New music discoveries




2011 was the year that I got into Crime dramas / Cop shows on TV.  It started with Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, then progressed onto Law and Order: Criminal Intent.  Then, after watching a lot (by that I mean seasons upon seasons) of the Law and Order franchise I decided to try out Criminal Minds.  I found out about this song 'Far from Home' by Five Finger Death Punch from the Criminal Minds episode 'What Happens at Home'.    Great for when you feel angsty or a little sad and it fit the ending of the episode with Agent Seaver perfectly. 

While I'm still on topic, I think my obsession with cop shows is really impacting on my reading.  However, I am currently reading 'Crime and Punishment' by Dostoevsky and I have to say that because of the analysis that they do on Criminal Minds I am seeing the book in an entirely different way then when I tried to read it a few years ago. 

 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment